With so many ways to design, tweak, and personalize a skateboard graphic, BoardPusher.com makes it easy to create the perfect gift for the skateboarding loved one on your list. With top notch 100% Canadian Maple decks, you can be sure that you’re creating a solid foundation for a beginner skater or giving the tough construction that will impress even the pickiest experienced skaters. The pro-quality crisp graphics will also appeal to the skateboard graphics collectors who prefer to hang the wooden canvases.
So whether you’re an advanced graphic designer or completely inexperienced, http://www.BoardPusher.com has the tools to turn you into a professional gift giver. Get started designing now and take advantage of our free ground shipping* offer by using coupon code FRSHP.
*$10 off AK/HI, international, and express shipping.
A metallic shimmer can really take the right graphic to the next level. For the December THI3D THURSDAY Skateboard Design Contest we are looking for a design that has the best use of the silver background base. This is an open theme, so whether you’re creating silver bells, shiny robots, alien landings, or fine silverware for your graphic just make sure that you choose the silver background when uploading your submission to BoardPusher.com/contest.
All entries must be received by Thursday, December 17th. As always, have fun and there is a $100 cash prize that will be shipped to you along with your winning deck as well as a spot in the THI3D THURSDAY Shop alongside all of the other winners.
BoardPusher.com is throwing another 20% off weekend sale for you. Now through Monday, November 23rd, get an early jump on holiday shopping (or get yourself a new custom deck to shred) by using coupon code EMAIL20 during checkout to claim your discount on all http://www.BoardPusher.com orders*.
You don’t have to be an experienced graphic designer to create the perfect gift for your skateboarding loved one. Choose from hundreds of background images available in the deck designer at http://www.BoardPusher.com. Since the backgrounds are customizable, you can add your own text, personal photos/images, and even change the base color on quite a few of the background images when creating your skateboard graphic.
Just like all BoardPusher.com skateboard graphics, these backgrounds are professional grade and printed on high quality Canadian Maple skateboards making it even harder for your gift recipient to decide whether to skate it or hang it. Order today to take advantage of our free continental US ground shipping offer with coupon code FRSHP.
HI/AK, international, and express shipping can use the coupon for $10 off.
This month’s theme comes with a seizure warning ’cause we’re digging out our old 3-D glasses and taking a look at the entries from another dimension. 3T is going 3-D and we want to see how far out you can get. Not sure how to go to the 3rd dimension? No problem! You know we have you covered with some design tips. Just use a repeat of your image in red and blue or watch this quick video to see how to do it in Photoshop http://youtu.be/3GsCU4wHdmg. Got it? Now go to http://www.BoardPusher.com/contest to enter your graphic.
All entries must be received by Thursday, November 19th. As always, have fun and there is a $100 cash prize that will be shipped to you along with your winning deck as well as a spot in the THI3D THURSDAY Shop for the graphic that draws us into its 3-dimensional world.
We like fancy restaurants, especially establishments with fish taco’s and tasteful decor. So, it was a no-brainer when Wahoo’s Fish Tacos recently approached BoardPusher.com about filling some space on their walls. Our first thought was that it needed to be a skateboard deck series that not only would fit in with the Wahoo’s vibe, but also be something that the BoardPusher team would be stoked to skate. The “Fish Fight” deck series was born. Always trying to pass on our knowledge of every possible way to put your own graphics onto skateboards, we documented our Art Director’s DIY process, then put together this How To video, as well as a detailed outline below to help you create your own split deck series. The “Fish Fight” series is also available here.
1. Decide weather you are going to split your series horizontally or vertically. MAKING A HAND CREATED GRAPHIC START HERE
2. Knowing each board is roughly 9 x 33*, decide how many boards to use and create a canvas accordingly.
3. Create your full graphic.
4. Scan art in as a 300 DPI .jpg (local copy stores normally have large format scanners). MAKING A COMPUTER GRAPHIC CONTINUE HERE
5. Download one of our deck templates here.
6. Open the template in a graphic editing program.
7. Duplicate the template layer for each deck desired. Ex. For 7 decks, 7 duplicated template layers.
8. Expand the canvas size to match the number of decks. Ex. For 7 vertical decks expand canvas horizontally by 700%.
9. Move the copied template layers over so that the 9 x 33 edges touch. Repeat until the appropriate amount of decks appear in a row and fill the canvas.
10. Paste in or create your graphic on a new layer
11. Select out your board graphic by selecting the first 9 x 33 template layer.
12. Leave the selection area the same, but switch to your art layer before you copy the selection.
13. Create a new file 9 x 33 .jpg and paste in your first board. Art should be saved as board1.jpg.
14. Repeat 11 through 12 for the appropriate amount of decks.
15.Upload each deck separately to the Boardpusher.com designer.
16. Place your order and be ready to skate or hang your series.
*(May vary depending on which shape you choose. Always leave an inch more on each side to allow for full bleed printing. We used the 8 1/4 template for this series)
Grant is the second 2 time winner of the THI3D THURSDAY Skateboard Design Contest. His graphic “9 Lives Club” was chosen as the winner of the Bats, Rats, & Sewer Cats theme. You can check out more of his artwork at http://www.grantkratzer.com. Grant will be receiving his winning board, $100, and now a limited edition run of this deck is available alongside all of the other winners at http://www.BoardPusher.com/THIRDTHURSDAY.