“Skater/Designer” Interview with Levi Huffman
Hello newsletter friends! Today we bring you the first of many “Skater/Designer” Interviews. Here is what Levi Huffman has to say about skating his own design…
How long have you been skating?
– I have been skating seriously for about 11 maybe 12 years. My mom bought me a skateboard for my 1st birthday so I have pretty much had one around my whole life.
What is the favorite design that you have done?
– Every design I’ve made is my favorite one, but if I had to choose one I think it would my first deck I made the Levi Vato deck, or wait the ninja turtle deck… I love them all.
Where do you get the inspiration for your designs?
– I am an artist, I love to draw, I get inspired by almost everything I see because potentially everything could make a sick deck.
How does skating your own design affect your skating?
– Well if I’m skating my ninja turtle deck and I’m having trouble landing a trick I’ll pop my board up and look at the graphic and think to myself COWABUNGA DUDE! Then I’ll stick the trick most of the time.
What do you like about skating your design?
– I like skating my design because most people see it and they are like that’s a sick board and I can tell them that I made it.
– My favorite trick would have to be a Benihana because a lot of people hate on that trick and not many people do them. My favorite spot to skate is the Wheat Ridge Skatepark.
Any advice for young skaters/designers?
– Skate for Life and love every second of it. Don’t take anything for granted. Always wear a helmet it could save your life.
– Bern, Globe, DVLP, Diabolical Skate Shop
Designs by Levi Huffman
Levi doing work…